Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

PORTSMOUTH | Abbey at Vero Beach

I had the pleasure of seeing again on Monday several fellow Portsmouth Abbey alumni at a lunch at the Moorings in Vero Beach, Fla.

They included, in the photo above, Jim Mulholland '79, former Portsmouth Headmaster Gregory Floyd '57 (a year before me) and the current Headmaster and math teacher, Daniel McDonough.

We had a good turnout of nearly 30 people for a small community where only 16,000 people live - i.e., just one in 20,000 U.S. residents. However, the intake to the lunch came from quite a wide swath of Florida.

The lunch made me think about the headmaster (and great teacher) who took over at Portsmouth in 1957, the beginning of my senior year. He came in to his Physics 2 class–I think there were four of us sitting in a row – in the first week and announced that he had been made headmaster and was quite clear about not being happy about it. I have posted about him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment